AlcoScreen Simple 2-Minute Saliva Alcohol Screening Test Strip - (24 Test Strips / Box) 55024 - 9100
AlcoScreen is a rapid, highly sensitive method to detect the presence of alcohol in saliva and provide an approximation of relative blood alcohol concentration. Since it is well established that the concentration of alcohol in saliva is very close to that in the blood, saliva is the preferred specimen for alcohol testing, allowing for greater detection sensitivity than breath testing methods. AlcoScreen is a simple, one-step, 2 minute test that requires no instrumentation, calibration or special training to be used effectively. It is convenient enough to be used any time, and in any place.
AlcoScreen is FDA 510(k) cleared for home use and is a CLIA-waived testing device. Inappropriate consumption of alcohol can be a problem in many family, occupational, institutional and safety sensitive situations. Alco-Screen® is an easy yet effective tool for identifying alcohol consumption. Alco-Screen® can be used as a cost effective way to help minimize the risks associated with inappropriate alcohol consumption.
Product Features & Benefits
Convenient, Fast Results
Testing with the Alco Screen saliva alcohol test is as easy as placing the pad end of the test strip in the subject's mouth for a few seconds to wet it with saliva. The Alco Screen requires such a small amount of saliva to activate the test even subjects with dry mouth can be tested successfully. Results are visible within two minutes after wetting with saliva.
Estimates Alcohol Concentration
Because the proportion of alcohol in saliva is directly related to the proportion of alcohol in blood, the Alco Screen can easily and quickly detect the presence of alcohol and estimate intoxication levels. The presence of alcohol in saliva causes the reagent pad to turn shades of green. Higher concentrations of alcohol create darker shades of green. The operator estimates intoxication levels by comparing the color change against color standards printed on the foil package at the 0.02%, 0.04%, 0.08%, and 0.30% BAC.
Ideal for Zero Tolerance Testing
The Alco Screen is ideal for agencies with zero tolerance policies and for non-regulated testing programs. Any green color on the reagent pad after two minutes indicates the presence of alcohol of at least 0.02% or greater. 0.02% BAC is about the intoxication from one drink, and is typically the lowest cut-off level used to determine if a person has been drinking alcohol.
Detects Alcohol in Beverages
The Alco Screen is one of the few devices that can detect the presence of alcohol in beverages. Because the Alco Screen is calibrated to detect the very tiny amounts of alcohol present in saliva, the color standards on the test do not apply when testing beverages. The concentration of alcohol is extremely high in comparison to saliva. Dipping the strip into a beverage that contains alcohol causes the reagent pad to turn a very dark brown color.
Instructions for Use
Before you begin
- DO NOT place anything into your mouth for 15 minutes before testing.
- Remove the test package from the box and let it reach room temperature.
- Open the package immediately before testing.
- Inspect the test pad. The test pad should be a cream color. If the test pad is tan or otherwise discolored, do not use the test.
Specimen Collection and Handling
- Using a clean dry cup, simply spit into the cup.
- Make sure you collect enough saliva to completely wet the test pad.
- Do not place anything in the saliva sample.
- Immediately start the procedure.
- Wet test pad with saliva for 5 seconds then remove. Start the timer immediately.
- In 2 minutes, compare the color of the test pad to the color chart on the test package.
- Estimate the BAC by reading the number printed below the color block that best matches the color of the test pad.
- For in vitro diagnostic use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use past the expiration date printed on the foil package.
- Do not use it if the package is unsealed or damaged.
- Do not open the test package until ready to use.
- Before testing the saliva sample, compare the color of the unused test strip to the negative (0.0%) color block. If the unused test strip is darker than the negative color block, this may indicate that the device has deteriorated during storage and should not be used.
- Read the test under incandescent, fluorescent, or indirect sunlight.
- Do not read the test under mercury or sodium vapor light.
- This test should not be interpreted by persons who are color-blind or are visually impaired.
- The test pad is very sensitive to alcohol and will react if there are alcohol vapors present in the air. Safeguards must be taken regarding the use of hand sanitizers containing ethyl alcohol (i.e. ethanol) by persons performing the test. Perform the test in an area free of alcohol vapors.
- Do not reuse the test.
- Dispose of properly.
- The test only provides an estimate of the Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC). It should not be used as a tool to determine if it is safe for the user to operate machinery or a motor vehicle.
- Results from this test may not be used for legal proceedings.
0.02%, 0.04%, 0.08%, 0.3% color standards
Shipping & Returns Policies
Returns and Exchanges Policy
30 Days to Change Your Mind
Wrong Test? Needed to test Benzodiazepines (BZO) and not Barbiturates (BAR)? Accidentally bought more than you need? Did the test not work?
If you accidentally ordered the wrong product, aren’t completely satisfied, or no longer need the test, you can return or exchange your products within 30 days from when you ordered the product. To start a return, please send your unopened and unused product(s) back to:
15175 Innovation Dr
San Diego, CA 92128
We can only accept returns of used products if they are faulty or broken. Unused products must be inside unopened pouching. Please provide proof of purchase. Refunds will be processed within 7 business days. You will receive an email when your refund has been issued.
We will refund you by the same method as your original payment. If the returns criteria aren’t fully met, Countrywide Testing reserves the right to refuse a return (or exchange) or offer a partial refund only. Shipping fees will not be refunded.
Please note that return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. If the order is over $75, please contact email@example.com for a return shipping label.
30 Days to Change Your Mind Terms and Conditions
It's important to us that you're happy with your Countrywide Testing purchase and that the products fit your needs.
If you're not completely satisfied, you can return the item(s) within 30 days of the order date. We will give you a refund by the same method as your original payment for your order if the product(s) were faulty, or for any unused products in unopened pouching. Please provide proof of purchase. If the product return criteria isn’t met, we may refuse the return or offer a partial refund instead. Faulty items may be exchanged.
You may exchange your purchase once within 30 days of ordering if you ordered by mistake, provided that the product is not opened or damaged.
To begin the return or exchange process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your order will be shipped on the same day as you purchase it if you order before 1:00 PM PST/4:00 PM EST. Any orders placed after this time will be processed and shipped on the next business day. We only ship Monday through Friday. Orders placed after 1:00 PM PST/4:00 PM EST on Fridays or on Saturdays and Sundays will be shipped the following Monday. We observe UPS and USPS holiday hours.
Orders are fulfilled quickly and requests for address changes or cancellations are not guaranteed. Please make sure that all order and shipping information is correct before the order is placed.
We cannot guarantee when your order will arrive once it is in UPS or USPS’ system. If there is an issue with the delivery itself, please contact your local post office. We will assist you if there is any other issue with your order.
Countrywide Testing and Phamatech Inc. offer free shipping on orders $75 and over and we accept returns of defective or incorrect products.
If you would like to check estimated shipping times for UPS ground, use https://www.ups.com/maps
and use the order date (if order placed before 3pm Pacific Time) or the next day's date (if order placed after 3pm Pacific Time), 92128 as the zip code, and select "Shipped from this ZIP code" and then click submit to see an estimated shipping time to see US area estimated delivery time.
To check estimated shipping time for USPS Priority Mail, use https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/
and enter 92128 as the ZIP code; this will show you an estimated shipping time to areas in the US.
PO Boxes are shipped via USPS only.
Free shipping is shipped via Ground. Ground shipping only applies for the lower 48 states. All other states will have applied shipping costs. Expedited shipping upon request, and the customer is responsible for any additional fees.